Monday, October 26, 2009

got a little cold today

I went for a ride at Heil Ranch today....and it started to snow. Leaving Longmont, just a couple flurries.When I got to the trail head, there was a bit of accumulation.
Kinda cool how the trail stays visible but the snow packs up on the trees and grass.
More winter wonderland.

Then...the snow came down so hard I had to wipe my glasses every minute. The main factor limiting my speed was being able to see the trail. I got down to the bottom and hit the road and was soaking wet. And I hated to do it, but I had to call for a ride home. It happens about once a year, but I thought it may be a better plan than curling up in a fetal position with hypothermia on the side of the road. Oh well - a fun trail ride nonetheless!

No comments:

Post a Comment