Wednesday, September 23, 2009

some of my favorite things

As a self-proclaimed bike junkie, it always makes my spokes tingle when Interbike comes around. For those of you unacquainted with Interbike, it's the country's biggest bike industry trade show. I've gone for many years, but for lately I've been UARing it on Interbike week. That's ok though b/c the industry does such a great job of covering most anything worth seeing that all one has to do is sit back and clickity click.

So here are some things that I think are cool so far:
The Ibis Mojo is one of the coolest looking Carbon MTBs and now they're making a 6" model that Brian Lopes has been racing on the World Cup Downhill circuit. Who says carbon can't hold up to serious off-road abuse? Not Brian Lopes!
This was a Cannondale concept bike and now it's in limited production. The disc and drivetrain are both on one side and it's all in super clean looking design.
Here's a view from the back.
The receiver hitch is by far the best place for a bike rack (aerodynamic, no risk of running into overhangs, and out of the way of road debris). This one's made by Kuat and it holds any two bikes without taking off wheels, it has an attached workstand, and a built-in cable lock system. Fancy!
Winter is almost here and when you can't stay off the bike, Surly has the ride for you - the Pugsley. And now more tires are available for the super-wide rims. A snow bike is one bike I have yet to ride - but I'd love to!

That's about all for now. I'll have more tidbits soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment