Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Man of the turtles....part two


For some reason they always cross my path during my rides. I can't count on my fingers and toes the amount of turtles I've saved from certain death by Michelin. Here's one. Here's another.
Today, I met my first of the year. He obviously didn't realize that I was trying to help him, as he was lunging and snapping at me. He even turned around and squared up with me when I got behind him. My solution (albeit perhaps not P.C. in the turtle world) was to flip him upside down (or downside up if you're a pessimist) and carry him to safer places. I took him to a near by pond where I hope he found what he was looking for.

So if you see a friendly turtle crossing the road, be like the "I like tuttles kid" and pick it up, and put it in the closest pond or lake. Their shells may be pretty hard, but cars are pretty heavy.

And if you don't know how to pick up a turtle, this young lady is happy to show you:

No comments:

Post a Comment