Saturday, March 8, 2008

Boulder


We picked up and moved from Austin to Boulder in 2005. We came for the riding, the mountains, the weather, the overall lifestyle. Austin's great, but 90+ degress for 8 months out of the year got a little old after 11 years of living there. Didn't seem so bad at the time, but getting used to Colorado weather makes TX weather seem unbearable.
I was surprised to find that there is almost no mountain biking in Boulder. There are plenty of trails, but they are built for hikers and off-limit to bikes. Kinda a bummer since riding from my door is very important to me. There are lots of great road rides - right from the door. Today was a nice climb up to Jamestown. Tons of cyclists on the road. I traded pulls with this guy for about 1/2 the climb. It was nice since it made me ride faster. I said 'Hi' when I first saw him, but after that we both had headphones on and we're pushing pretty hard. This photo is on the downhill and I guess we were going fast since it looks like my spokes are bending.

Tomorrow a day on the MTB after a night of whiskey, Rumikub, and some tasty pie.In case you didn't know, Jackie is an incredible baker (or is it bakerette?). Our plan is to some day open a bakery with lots of bike racks inside, serve beer, and have good acoustic bands.
We'll serve up some of this...






Oh I also saw that Swobo has out a nice new pair of Shpants that I have my eyes on. Shpants are all the rage in case you didn't know. See - I like sporting them....
I wish I had them when I was a kid and maybe my knees wouldn't have so many scars.

No comments:

Post a Comment