Thursday, August 28, 2008

Good times, bad times

I'm happy to say I had one of those awesome rides today. It was a MTB ride and I found myself wishing the trail never ended. I felt great, the bike was riding great...it was just one of those rides.
Here's what it looked like...
In not so great news (well maybe kinda great news)...there's this guy:
He was caught with 2,865 stolen bikes in Toronto. If I had my druthers, that would be means for 'the chair'. Hopefully all those 1000's of riders will find their long lost bikes. I had a bike stolen from my once. It was a chrome Mongoose bmx bike. It was a terrible experience that changed my life as a 10 year old. Maybe I should head to Toronto to see if this dude ended up with it. But...he was caught, so I guess the story is good news after all.

In other good news, it looks like our next President is one of us. One of these days I hope to meet Mr. Obama and talk to him about getting more people on bikes more often. Let's cross our fingers.
And in news of the cool, yet weird...the SSWC was last weekend. For those of you who don't know, it's the MTB single speed world championships. It changes locations each year and this year's was in Napa. It's a race I'd certainly like to attend as it's always filled with beer, fun-loving-mountain bikers, and lots of costumes. The thing I don't really understand is why when people can choose just about any costume, they commonly default to cross dressing. It's curious, huh?
Check out this dude.

And lots of other photos on this forum
Don't get me wrong, I'm all about expressing alter-egos. I'm just kinda surprised so many alter-egos are those of transtesticles. To each their own, I suppose.

2 comments:

  1. curious
    Why do you assume that Obama is the next President?
    What has he done?
    I understand this blog isn't political in nature - so why go that direction?
    Obama has all these grand ideas AND will lower taxes - he said what people wanted to hear with no REAL solutions or answers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very ready for a change and to me this is what Obama represents. It’ll be a fresh new way of looking at the world’s problems – vs more of the same.

    I think it’s also very unrealistic that detailed plans will be revealed at this point. I’m sure there is a lot of shit still to be uncovered that only will be disclosed to the new president. At this point, (for me) it’s important to know where the candidates stand on policies like the sustainability of the environment, energy, and health care.

    No the blog is not political – however it’s important to stand up during this very important time. As a company that works to get more people on bikes more often, I feel that it is important to support candidates that are consciously working towards the same goal that we are.

    ReplyDelete