Monday, August 11, 2008

Good times

So Kurtie Kropp and I were in Crested Butte at our campsite after a nice long MTB Ride. We were putting back some Bulleit and enjoying the views when the mosquitoes woke up. I reached for the bug spray that Jackie got me. It's odd smelling and primarily Cat Nip oil. Before I put it on, I was checking out the label and saw this little note...
I called the company (somehow, we had a signal at the campsite) and asked if it was for real. She said that the zoos wouldn't let them test in on the big cats. I had a pretty big laugh and said that we were officially her test pilots (we'd try it the next day when we were on our bikes and had more of a fighting chance). Luckily, I'm happy to report that no Cougars got frisky with us. Ha!!

We got back home and it was time for Jackie's Bday. We had a little party with Ultimate Frisbee, NBB beers, Jackie's home made whiskey sours, and this cake I made. I know that it looks like a 7 year old did it, but it tasted good!
The next day, Jackie took her birthday present for a spin...
and Kurt was pulling some sweet wheelies on the HumuHumuNukuNukuApuA'a
and...have you all noticed that the nights are getting shorter and cooler. Here's the sunset coming back from a ride around 8pm....
Fall is almost here.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog entry, loved the part about the catnip insect repelant!

    ReplyDelete