Sunday, November 2, 2008

just another Saturday afternoon bicycle ride

It was a perfect day for some new trails and a solid 4 hour training ride. Mista Swift and Lawyer Eric and I headed west to hit Devil's Backbone, Blue Sky, and Lory - then back again.
It was Jessie's first time riding the Bone - so we took it easy on him.

My mustashe is filling in nice and proper. When the sun hits it just right, it casts a pretty mean shadow. Most of the dudes riding horses on the trail today had the same mustache. I'm just doing my part to strengthen the brotherhood between trail users: on foot, by horse power, or by iron horse. It's a big responsibility and I'm doing my best to hold it down.
Eric - railing through the turns. He was rocking his stout bike (1 x9 rigid) on the Stout trail
Heading up Tower Rd, the charging pace was broken up by some Pine Beetle clearing. This big rig was just one of many hauling down lumber. You don't see cars on these roads too often.
We took the high trail, but here the low trail back to Blue Sky.

It's supposed to be in the high 70's today. Not bad for November - and I'm loving this extra hour this morning. We'll see if I feel the same tonight. Another nice ride is in the works, this time with m'Lady.

And tomorrow...THE BEASTIE BOYS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment