Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Wow...I had no idea

Where have I been while the sport of freestyle unicycling has evolved?

My favorite trick is the 'manual' at about :47 seconds.

You have to wonder though...what made this kid pick the unicycle. I mean there's BMX, skateboards, rollerblades, parkur, fixed gears, snowboarding. But no. This dude's like, "Oh yeah. Unicycling, yep that's for me." Damn impressive unicycling, though.

Today, we're working on new cities for next year. And it seems that Nashville, TN may have just made the cut. It's not official though, so don't hold me to it. We're also working on a big newsletter this week: 2009 dates, 2008 Bonus Quiz Answers revealed, the cheapest UAR entry fees of the year, and the 2008 survey. Like I said, it's a big newsletter. It's got me all excited.

The reality of 11 events worth of logistics, checkpoints, obstacles, non-profits, and promotion is starting to set in. In case you didn't know, choosing your fate by selecting event dates is no simple task. Don't get be wrong, this is a great job....but this is the time of year when the proverbial "mud hits the spokes". To turn this frown upside down, all I have to do is think of all the new people we'll meet, bars we'll hang out at, new trails we'll discover, and big wheel skids we'll hear. It's going to be a big, fun, crazy, year.

1 comment:

  1. Mathmatically, unicycling is only half as cool as biking.

    ReplyDelete