Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The off-season can be dangerous

Since getting back from 'holiday', I've been spending a bit of time in front of this computer. I've learned about all sorts of things to spend money on: The new Mac Book, ChainLove, and I've been dreaming about real estate in Taos (one can dream - right?).

There's a big cross race in my neck of the woods this Saturday: The Blue Sky Velo Cross at Xilinx. The cours is right down the road, so I might just have to put the Yeti cross bike through the paces. Problem is, I've been riding at a vacation/fall classic ride/end of UAR season pace...so an hour with the country's best mud and cowbell racers will be very painful. But they say pain is temporary and glory is forever. I don't foresee too much glory, but hopefully there will be some glorious beer at the end of the race.


OK - Time to ride up to Ward before the snow makes it impossible. It's 35 degrees right now. Brrrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment